Orlando | Sarasota | West Palm Beach
Pets, just like any other family member, need routine wellness exams and can suffer injuries or more serious health conditions like cancer. The costs of treatments and scans can quickly add up, so it can be helpful to have comprehensive pet insurance for your cats and dogs.
What is Pet Insurance?
Dog and cat insurance helps pet owners cover the costs when their dog or cat needs routine wellness care, suffers an injury or develops a medical condition.
What is Covered with Pet Insurance?
- Illnesses that are not pre-existing
- Treatments for illness and disease
- Surgery and hospitalization
- Chronic conditions including diabetes, hyperthyroidism, and allergies
- Lab work
Dog and cat insurance even covers more advanced treatments including chemotherapy and alternative therapies like acupuncture and hydrotherapy. You may also add preventive care to cover costs for vaccines, dental cleanings, and more.
Talk to a specialist today for a customized quote
Leave your information and we will call you back.
What Does Animal Insurance Not Cover?
Animal insurance coverage varies, depending on how you customize your plan. Below is what is typically not covered:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Cosmetic procedures like declawing, tail docking, and ear cropping
- Dental procedures like root canals or crowns
- Treatment for behavioral problems
- Vet fees associated with breeding and pregnancy
- Vitamins, pet foods, and personal care items including ear cleaner and shampoo
- Boarding and grooming
Pet Insurance Plans
Your dog or cat needs to be at least seven weeks old before you can purchase animal insurance for them. Before coverage begins, your pet must have visited a vet within the past 12 months. If your pet is older than 14 years old, or if they’ve been diagnosed with having diabetes, Cushing’s disease, Addison’s disease or FeLV/FIV, you may consider selecting an accident-only plan.
At Signature Insurance Group, we can help you customize a policy that fits your pet’s needs and your budget. So call us today for a free quote!Back to Homeowners Insurance
Pet Insurance in Longwood FL, Melbourne FL and Venice FL
Serving the Entire State of Florida