Personal Injury Insurance
Orlando | Sarasota | West Palm Beach
A car crash can damage more than just your vehicle. As a result, medical expenses and lost wages can put a dent in your wallet as well. That’s where personal injury insurance can be helpful to have.
What is Personal Injury Protection?
Personal injury protection, also known as PIP or no fault insurance, is a type of car insurance coverage that helps pay for you and your passenger’s medical bills, regardless of who caused the crash.
PIP is required in some states, including Florida, and is an add-on option in other states. In states where it is required, laws dictate minimum coverage limits. It’s important to understand your state’s specific laws regarding auto insurance.
Talk to a specialist today for a customized quoteLeave your information and we will call you back.
How PIP and Medical Payments Coverage are Different
Medical payments coverage, also known as med pay, is similar to personal injury protection because they both pay the medical costs for you and your passengers in the event of an accident.
However, med pay doesn’t cover other expenses including lost income, funeral costs, and essential services, including childcare that you may be unable to perform because of injuries from an accident.
What no-fault insurance covers:
- PIP insurance covers medical expenses, including x-rays, surgeries, and prescription costs.
- Lost wages because of injuries (in some states).
- Essential services including childcare and house cleaning that you cannot perform because of injuries.
- Funeral expenses, including burial or cremation costs.
What no-fault insurance does not cover:
- PIP insurance does not cover property damage, so you might consider adding property damage coverage to your policy.
- It also doesn’t cover damage to your vehicle. Collision coverage helps to repair your car if it’s damaged in a crash with another vehicle.
- No-fault insurance will not replace your vehicle if it’s stolen.
Medical Cost Coverage and Personal Injury Insurance
States that require personal injury coverage, typical insurance claims may be paid out with PIP insurance. If you’re hurt in a crash caused by another driver, their bodily injury liability coverage may help reimburse your medical costs.
If you’re hurt in a crash you caused, and you have medical payments coverage, this coverage may help pay for your medical costs.
Personal Injury Coverage for Florida Residents
Our experienced agents would be happy to answer any questions you might have about no-fault insurance. If you need help understanding your state’s personal injury insurance coverage laws, or would like to add it to your policy, contact Signature Insurance Group today.
Personal Injury Insurance in Longwood FL, Melbourne FL and Venice FL
Serving the Entire State of Florida